Interview by Blackheart Cleveland

PD White furnituremaker

I am a furniture maker that specializes in custom made wood furniture. When people think of making a piece of furniture they often think that the process begins with finding the right piece of wood or having a thoroughly drawn out design. While these factors are important, I have come to realize over the last twenty years of creating furniture, that it is working with the client that is one of the most important aspects of the design process for me. The pieces I create are a conversation. They work not only as functional objects to sit on, eat off of, place books on etc, but as a communication between myself and the individual I am designing for. In working through this process I find that what is most important is the conversation the piece originates from; and ends with when the project is complete.

What I try to accomplish with my work is to make each piece singly for the person who it is designed for. I use wood that is harvested locally and is generally taken from trees that are being removed by the city or an individual homeowner. In this way I am able to use a local material for local customers.

Monday, March 16, 2015

the oval desk


 


6 comments:

  1. It is a pretty good post. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I visit your website often and share with my friends.office furniture ft lauderdale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post really good I love it so much I will be back for more. thanks.
    Nice post and very informative content, thanks for sharing.

    modular kitchen manufacturer
    stylish wardrobes manufacturer
    swimming pool lounger
    kinder garden furniture manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post really good I love it so much I will be back for more. thanks.
    Nice post and very informative content, thanks for sharing.

    School furniture manufacturer
    Playschool furniture manufacturer
    Modular office furniture
    Office furniture manufacturers
    Office chair design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post really good I love it so much I will be back for more. thanks.
    Nice post and very informative content, thanks for sharing.

    Modular kitchen manufacturers
    kitchen furniture manufacturers
    patio furniture manufacturers
    outdoor furniture seller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meeting various household chores and other miscellaneous activities can be done only with the help of cash. Your income is limited and the demands are unlimited. A major portion gets almost finished by the middle of the month. An abrupt emergence of any unfamiliar situation can complicate all your financial calculations. To enable you tackle these delicate matters or meeting your regular expenses, pedro loans offer can be really helpful. To find an affordable loan rate at 2% ROI Individual loans or entitled loans should contact Mr Pedro Email Address: pedroloanss@gmail.com & whatsapp text: +18632310632

    ReplyDelete